We have received delivery of new newspaper boxes and stickers. Over the next 4-8 weeks, we will have the newspaper boxes installed, spot spray rust on other metal parts, straighten posts, and take an inventory of what other maintenance items remain. We will leave a notice in your current newspaper box several days in advance of work being performed, as replacement occurs block by block.
Barbara McKinney is the Alder for District 1, serving the term from April 21, 2015 through April 18, 2017. Her contact information may be found on her City of Madison website.
Alder McKinney recently posted a link to the 2016 road construction project to divide CTH M to a roadway with a median and curb and gutter. The city website provides an overview of the project plan which includes a standard traffic exchange at Midtown Rd.
- For Madison Police Department emergency response, call 911
- For non-emergency, call the MPD West District at 243-0500
- For general questions and concerns about the MPD, contact our liaison officer Ryan Jennison at 575-9678
The HLHA Board discussed at the annual membership meeting our preliminary plans for mailbox repair and replacement, especially as the newspaper boxes are showing rust after more than ten years of exposure to the elements and the impact of city snow removal. We have a new sales representative with Postal Products that we are working with for replacement parts, who has a greatly improved response time. We will communicate further once we reach a cost-effective resolution for rolling out repair and replacement of neighborhood mailboxes.
- Trash cans are to be stored inside garages.
- Trailers, boats, campers and recreational vehicles must be parked inside garages. The only exception is for loading and unloading, not to exceed 48 hours.
- Permanent clothes lines are not allowed.
- New construction, decks, patios, fences, landscaping and play structures must be reviewed by the Architectural Review Committee prior to work being performed.
Police Officer Ryan Jennissen (#5094) is the new neighborhood Liaison Officer for Hawks Landing, and is our primary contact for questions and concerns regarding the police department..
Officer Jennissen typically works 6 days on and 3 days off from 2pm till 10pm.
He may be reached at RJennissen@cityofmadison.com or his department cell # 608-575-9678.